On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Joke and an Opinion Poll!

Here are some more jokes for you!  Courtesy of the wonderful Lincoln 5th Ward girls!
Q: "When you mix a rat with a bee what are their children called?"
A: "Brats!"

"Knock, Knock!"
"Who's there?"
"Cow"
"Cow who?"
"Cow's don't Hoo.  Cow's Moo!" 
(LOVE THIS JOKE! I have always been a fan of cow jokes!)

OPINION POLL

I have been joking about this from the beginning, but I am now seriously considering doing this.  I have said that I was going to get a picture of my 3 kids and put in on my forehead and my back so during surgery the doctors and people would KNOW that they were working on a mother of 3 little kids and that she needed to get back to them WHOLE.

So, here's my real idea.  I am thinking of getting a permanent marker and writing across the top of my shoulders...

"Emily Eden 5 yrs, Andrew Paul 2 yrs and Levi David 5 mos"

Okay, so I am laughing even just thinking about how crazy that sounds...but REALLY...I want them to know that I am a MOMMY of 3 beautiful babies while they're in there!

What do you all think?  Do share!

3 comments:

JessieMomma said...

This post made me giggle out right! For a moment I imagined a pen and ink drawing of your babies on your back - tatoo style... haha! Maybe you can have Brian give a note to the surgery staff... a reminder from you of the important job you have to complete. Maybe you can ask the Dr to put your babies names on the cap they will place to cover your SUPER CUTE hair cut?

Maybe you should just do it.... I mean, if it brings you comfort and peace to know that they CAN'T forget how vital you are, well, it's your surgery... go for it!

Erin said...

I don't think its crazy at all. There is nothing wrong with reminding the surgeons that you are a mother and want to get back to your babies as whole as possible.

Larsen said...

Kara do it.

It's marker, not ink.

I'll do it for you.

Come over.

I have a fine tip marker.