On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Surgery Date

We received the phone call we've been waiting for.

Tuesday, May 25th is our date for surgery.

This is hard for me to swallow right now.  I am not exactly pleased, but it is what it is.  There is good and there is bad but either way I have to now just get my head around being here and trying to maintain normalcy for my kids while continuing to work through the physical, emotional and mental fatigue.   

For some it may not seem like 12 days is a lot, but the past 7 have been so long since diagnosis and days up to diagnosis were long and scary too.  Sorry, I am just venting. 

My mom will be heading back to Washington tomorrow.  We have no way of knowing just how long I will need her here post-op and it's only right that she gets a little bit more time home, at work and with her husband, until then.

6 comments:

JessieMomma said...

Kara, thank you for the update. You are constantly in my thoughts and always in our prayers, night and day. Enjoy your sweet babies and your wonderful husband - make memories that you will cherish as you recover. We love you and we are sending our angels to look over you all! *hugs*
Jessica, Donna, and kids

Jess said...

I am glad you finally heard from the hospital. So Tuesday. I'm so glad I'll be back in town and I am able to come spend some time with you. WE LOVE YOU!

Bowler Family said...

Hey Kara, I've been thinking about you and your family! I'm glad it is finally scheduled, 17 days does seem like a long time, but hang in there! I will see you on Saturday to bring your sweet family dinner :)

Hugs!!!!

Loren & Autumn said...

Kara, please, if there is something that I can do just please please let me know. I don't want to come over and burden you, but I want you to know if you need something I am around.

Lindsey said...

Hang in there girl! Easier said than done I'm sure. We'll be praying for you!

Larsen said...

That is farther out than what i was thinking it would be, due to conversations we've had. But, that's great. Not knowing a surgery date had to be eating at you a bit. So is Jane leaving early, or staying to finish out school? Email me the answer.