On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today's Accomplishments!


I finished my MOTIVATIONAL COLLAGE to take down with me!  These are the faces that will give me the most strength and motivation.  Soon I'll be able to hold them just as I am in these pictures!


It's Chopped!

I gave the Doctors a little help, since I'll be mostly shaved in the back anyway for surgery I thought I'd give them even less hair to get in the way.  This will also speed up the "growing back in" phase of my up and coming hair do!




8 comments:

Erin said...

I am so glad that you called today. I would have liked to have had more time to chat. I wish I could be there to give you a hug! I miss you and am thinking about you. Oh and your new haircut is cute.

Bowler Family said...

The collage looks awesome, what a wonderful idea!! You will for sure want to see those beautiful faces!!

Your hair looks way cute!! I really like it!!

We continue to pray for you and your family!! Big HugS!

Jamie said...

Love love love the new hair! It looks great!! :)

And, love the collage, also. What a great idea.

Love ya!!!

Angie T. said...

Kara I love the new hair! It is super cute on you.

Larsen said...

that is a great idea--where did you get that one? I am sure you are going to get a lot fo nurses compliments on that piece of fine art work!

Cute cut!

Loren & Autumn said...

I think the hairstyle really fits you. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Your words are inspiring to me everyday. Lots of love.

Diana said...

Beautiful! The collage AND the haircut! You're in our prayers - we'll be praying for you this week.

Shari said...

I love how the collage turned out and your hair is absolutely cute. It looks great on you.