On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today is Mother's Day and I get to be a Mom and see my Mom!

I am so grateful to be a Mommy!  This for me has been one of the most tender parts of this experience.  I have 3 beautiful and amazing children who are quietly and not so quietly all struggling in their own way as they sense the intensity of what has been happening here the last few days.  I am going to HATE leaving Emily and Andrew today but there is no sense in bringing them to SLC for this consultation.  Levi will be coming with us and if we end up staying through surgery I will be having someone bring Emily and Andrew to me before I go in.  The road between Idaho Falls and Salt Lake City will be well traveled by our family over these next days and weeks. 

I will, however, be blessed to hug my own Mom today when we pick her up at the airport in Salt Lake tonight.  She will be here with us indefinitely. 

Motherhood is such a blessing no matter which way you look at it, as a mother and as a child I am so blessed and so humbled to be given so much.

9 comments:

The King's said...

We are thinking about you and praying for you! I am inspired by your strength and determination. You truly are an amazing family and you will be blessed for your faith.

Larsen said...

I am so glad you mom is coming indefinitely. Our prayers are with you today. Travel safe, keep your chin up, and keep us all updated through this awesome blog!

I am happy to come take your photos, really. See you soon.

amy said...

i don't know if you remember me, if you don't ask Gena she will remind you. i have been thinking about you so much since i read your blog. I don't know if you were aware but in the year 2000 i was diagnosed with cancer. My oldest daughter was newly married, my son was on a mission in England. My next daughter was in high school and my youngest was in 5th grade. I understand your fears even though our situations were much different. you worry about your kids and your ability to care for them. About how this will affect them. As well as your husband. then I worried about my mom worrying.
But what i want to tell you is God in in control. He is so aware of you individually. You will feel our prayers. the hardest thing i had to do is let go of control and let God drive. this will most likely be the most spiritual time in your life. As well as the most life altering.
Grasp it with both hands. Get your strength from God and those around you. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to say "I can't, i need help"
Let others testimonies be strengthened by their service for you and your family.
Contact me at anytime.
mossa@byui.edu

Red Head Family said...

Kara just got back from a reunion to read all this!!!! Please let me help however I can!!!!! Wow I feel so much love coming from you and you are such an example to me!! Please call for whatever you may need!!

Diana said...

I hope everything goes well with the consultation today, Kara! You are such an amazing person, and I can feel the love you have for your Savior and your family through these posts. You're in our prayers. Love ya, Kara! :)

Bowler Family said...

Kara, It is True! You and your family are amazing, and such wonderful examples!

I'm excited for you to see your mom today! I can just picture the hugs:)

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Loren & Autumn said...

Kara, I just found out everything today. I really can't imagine all of the emotions you are going through. I was just talking about you the other day, and now this. We love you and are praying for you. I hope to see you soon.

Mistie said...

“Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

Joshua 1:9

I was reading my scriptures and when I came across this scripture I thought of you and your family. You guys are an amazing family. Thank you for the example you are to me and my family.
Love,
The Loveland's

Jon and Maryanne said...

I am so happy that your mom will be there for you through everything! You have such an Great Mom! :) Happy Mother's Day! :)