On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

We're in SLC

Okay, so reality struck as I said goodbye to Emily and Andrew this afternoon.  I go from numb to nervous.  The drive down wasn't as painful and long as I had feared.  A Blessing.  I did however have a little bit more of a breakdown than I had previously had.  It comes and goes, I expect it to be somewhat normal.  Tomorrow will answer a lot of questions and we will fill you all in as soon as we can.

We arrived just after my mom did and giving her that hug on Mother's day was sweet!  I only wish it wasn't for this.  It seems, however, that there are SO many blessings disguised into this trial.  I am glad to be able to have the tender mercies!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I just found out to today from Sis Dance...Lakyn prayed for you tonight, what a sweet pray it was and I'm so glad that this was found so quickly...
Happy Mother's Day Kiddo

Kamala said...

Kara, We are all cheering you on and know that whatever the news is on monday...we are here to support you and your family. I am amazed at your strength and courage, I'm so proud to have the honor of having you as a close friend!

Cindy said...

Hope today was full of answers to your questions on what to expect.

Love you.

Larsen said...

hope you feel all of the thoughts and prayers coming from our home!! love both of ya!

kyle