On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just a bunch of random Pictures....

1st trip Outside!
I love my Mommy!

Doing my Make-Up for the 1st time!
(Yes, Make-Up in the Hospital! Something as to be normal!)
A lot of consentration because of my right hand weakness...but mascara...That's never easy!
Finished product!  I felt like me again!


A wonderful Sunday visit from a dear friend from Idaho Falls - Love you Janet!

A visit from someone who has meant the world to me since I was a 15 year old girl!
Jill (Littlefield) Galloway....for all of you Spokanites you remember this amazing woman when she was a Sister Missionary!
Jill has been an angel sent to help guide us through this whole process, knowing 1st hand a lot of what it feels like.
Love you Jill!

Jill and her Beautiful Daughter Leah!

Some pictures from yesterday's PT.  Upper body strength.


Standing again.  Not much change. I still need to be help up by someone, but they are teaching me how control my standing by telling my muscles to do what my legs can't.

THE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS
that have made my room feel so beautiful and Spring like are starting to droop.  But pictures last forever and my Mom and I just had to record them!  They have been such a joy to have and SO PRETTY.

7 comments:

Angie T. said...

Kara...I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and wish I could be there to visit with you. You are just as beutiful as ever in your pictures. You are such an inspiration!

Love you and miss you!
Angie

Mistie said...

Kara,
You look beautiful. I am so glad you have had such wonderful visitors. You are doing amazing keep up the hard work.
Love,
Mistie Loveland

Erica said...

Kara you look beautiful as always:) Keep up the hard work! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Suzanne said...

Kara,
So good to see that you are able to use your right hand!! Very cool! I can't believe you are just 1 week out of surgery and you are doing so well! Thanks for the pictures of Sister Littlefield. It looks like you are working hard!!!!Keep it up!
I love you,
Suzanne

Red Head Family said...

You pucker up your lips like this-that's what I thought of with your picture (gotta love Little Mermaid!) Glad to see you are making small steps forward! We love and miss you!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the pics. You are looking great girl! I think your makeup looks better than mine. Maybe I should have you come do mine.=) I'm glad you got to get out and get some fresh air. That's always good therapy. Mommies are the best, aren't they?! I'm so glad your mom is able to be there with you. So fun to see pics of Sis. Littlefield. Tell her "Hi!" for us the next time you see her or talk to her. Love you girl!

Love The Galloway's said...

Oh, "I got nuttin' but love for ya baby!" You're too young to remember that song but it's what popped into my head. Sooo good to re-connect face to face. I wish I could have hugged your Mom too so pass that along. Your descriptions of recovery were perfect. Has anyone set up a donation fund for house remodeling, etc.? Let me know, I'm in.
Jill (Sis. Littlefield)