On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pics Plus more Surprise Videos!

Standing Up on my own!


This was one of the best surprises ever!  My cousin Brandon and family totally shocked my mom and I as they walked in the door.  We thought the were in Michigan!  Well, they were on their way to Michigan and driving through SLC!  Brandon just finished school and is an official Doctor!  He is going to be in Detroit in an ER!  Brave man!  Love you guys and THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by, it made my day...and my mom's!


A visit from Brian's sister and family!  Baby Conner is 3 months old and has the cutes nose in the world!


So, I'm sitting in the Cafeteria while Brian and the kid's are having dinner (they came down again for the weekend!).  All of a sudden these two show us behind me and it just so happens to be a friend from my mission!  Hermana Belliston!  How wonderful!  They were here to visit his sister and randomly spotted me in the Cafeteria!
(That's Levi's drool on my shirt...not mine!)


Enjoy these next 3 videos!
All in a Day's Work!
We've decided to stay another week because of this! 
It's kind of a no brainer at this point...hard, but a no brainer!
Now I am starting to get excited!





18 comments:

Bowler Family said...

WAHOOOO!!! AWESOME KARA, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY SO AMAZING!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Penny said...

Wow!! you are so awesome.

Mistie said...

Kara you are AMAZING!!!!

cardwellclan said...

It's Becky again, so I keep writing, bless you :), but seriously I was SO HAPPY to see how well you are doing!! It's truly a miracle and from Heavenly Father!! I'm so glad you get to go home soon too to see your family (well in a week anyway). You are awesome! Love ya!

Shari said...

Way cool Kara! Looks awesome! Can't wait to see you on Thursday, so you can show us in person! :)

christy said...

I want to to know that I had no doubt, but it still makes me weep to see it. It's happening so much sooner then I'd hoped for. And these few weeks will be a faded memory when your home with your family for the rest of your life. Just think of how crappy those last few weeks are before you deliver your baby and when you finally come home... suddenly the baby is 9 months old and you think where did these months go??? I know you already know this but it makes me feel better to think that I'm helping ha ha. Keep it up! Love ya

Jamie said...

Wow, Kara! I haven't checked your blog since about Thursday, it has been pretty busy. So, here I am looking at this AMAZING progress you have made just in the couple days that I missed! I can't believe how great you are doing. You are my hero! I think your plan to stay another week is a great plan. Like Christy said, one more week away, in the grand scheme of things, isn't anything! Though, right now I understand it is a painful thought. But, how awesome that you could WALK out!

I love ya, Kara! I think of and pray for you everyday. You are doing soooo great! Thank you for being such a great example of hard work, faith, and perseverance.

Turnbow's said...

Kara, I am sure proud of you and everything you are doing. You look so amazing in the videos I just love seeing you and your beautifulness! Good job in all you are doing! lOVE ME

Teresa said...

AMAZING!!!! Like Jamie, I haven't checked your blog since about Thursday. At church I asked Shari & Penny what was the latest with you. They asked if I read your blog last night, I said no, and they said go read it. They wouldn't give me any idea. What a WONDERFUL SURPRISE!!! Jeff thought I was silly because I just started crying for no apparent reason. I think you're wise to stay another week. Just like an infant progresses so much faster in it's mother's womb than out. I am sorry you'll spend more time apart from your family, but your progress will continue to be amazing. You know there are so many people here to help with whatever your family needs. Love You!!!

Valerie said...

Kara, I, too, want to say that you are awesome! And, you stay as long as you need to - there are so many people here willing and ready to help with your kids. You just say when :)

Penny said...

There is a reason we have been brought togeather as a group of friends. God is blessing each of us in our lives with each other. Look at the great support and love you have from everyone. You go Girl!!!!

Jamie Claire said...

Awesome job Kara! You & your family have been in my prayers and I am grateful to know you are improving so quickly! Keep up your dilligent work, the Lord has big things planned for you:)

mmorgan said...

Yeah!!! So exciting the progress you are making! So glad we got to come and see you...keep up the excellent work!!!

Sue Carlile said...

WoW Kara! You are doing so awesome....keep it up! I'm just so proud of you. You are an amazing person.

Paul and Amy said...

Wow Kara! Looks like you're making great progress! You are amazing!
Amy Lundberg

Karen said...

Kara! I am so proud of you and amazed by your progress everday! I have been watching in suspense and am in AH of what you have accomplished in such a short time! The healing power of the priesthood only works if you have faith that it works and I know that you have the faith of a mustard seed and you are moving mountains!! *hugs* WAY TO GO GIRL!!! Keep up the good work! As always we are praying for you! Luv ya!!

Jon and Maryanne said...

I finally got to catch up on all the posts I missed while being busy having Benson. You are Awesome and absalutely Amazing!!!! We continue to pray for you and your family and hope that your progression continues! :)

Unknown said...

Kara I love you so much!!!! I had tears watching and praying with my sister tonight!!! You are an amazing women!