On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Family Reunion!

We spotted the van and we were all waving from inside and out!  Yeay!

The kids basically JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR!  So fun! 
HUGS and SQUEEZES!
and...for MOMMY TOO!  Andrew got up on my lap and I was able to squeeze him super tight too!  Emily's a little bit taller and she got me good!  Andrew did grab my neck!!!!  OUCH!
The 5 of us!
Kissing those cheeks that I miss so much!  About 500 times!
Daddy missed his "Tater Tot!"
Playing "Duck, Duck, Goose!"

We went right away to our family therapy appointment!

Helping Mommy make instant pudding in the therapy kitchen!

I practiced changing Levi's diaper at about the same height of our changing table at home.  He started to roll over and show off!  I think he's going to roll over for the 1st time from back to tummy before he leaves tomorrow just so Mommy doesn't miss his milestone!
We figured out how to use my baby sling to harness Levi into my wheelchair!  He loved it and it worked great!  I may not need a power chair to get around the house with Levi.


Emily and Andrew were so great about everything!  I am sure there will be hard time when they just want Mommy to do what she used to do, but today they were so positive and so helpful and so kind!

14 comments:

JessieMomma said...

Kara, I LOVE it!!! Your family is absolutely BEAMING with joy!!!!! Enjoy this weekend and make tons of memories and take loads of pics and we will be rejoicing with you in our hearts!!! Love you! ~ Jess and Donna

Mistie said...

I'm so glad you are able to spend time with your kids. They look so happy to see you. Seeing Emily makes me miss her so much. Tell her hi for me.
Love you all,
Mistie Loveland

onthebrink said...

Woo Hoo! we are sooo happy that your adorable kids were able to come see you today! As soon as we heard what was going on we jump on your blog and have been following your updates,but I'm lame and didn't have a gmail account until just now!!! shocking I know! But I had to let you know how much we love you and that we are praying for you and sending our love your way!;) Ryan and Tori want to know where you are exactly.
Keep smiling and remembering how awesome you are. We love you Rip, Leslie and kids

Bowler Family said...

So glad you got to kiss those cheeks!! Seriously! you all look so happy:) I'm so happy you all had a great day! Miss you, keep up all the hard work! You are doing awesome!

Shari said...

I love this post Kara! It so great to see you with your kids again. You are such an awesome mom! You have a beautiful family! Miss you!

Angie T. said...

I am so happy that you were able to see your kids this weekend! I am sure they were just as excited to see you! Keep up the amazing work you are doing. You are such an inspiration. Miss you and I can't wait to see you.

Jamie said...

Yea!! Kids!! I am so happy for you that you finally got to see your sweeties again! And, awesome that they got to help in therapy! AND, I am so glad you figured out a way to use the regular wheelchair. Yea!

Miss ya! Work hard! Love ya!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
porterfamilyblog said...

What a fun weekend. You have such a great attitude and are a great example. So do you have feeling in your feet now? Our prayers are with you and your family. You can do it.

Jess said...

I am so glad you got to spend time with your kiddies! You can tell from the pics how happy you all are to be together. I hope you had a great weekend. I'll come see you Mon or Tues.

Alveybunch said...

What a wonderful chance to finally be with your sweet family. I'm sure that made everything much better! I'm so glad to hear that you are progressing and looking for the positive things. I send my love and keep you in my prayers!

Suzanne said...

Kara, It was so great to see your amazing family all together!! You, my dear, are an inspiration to every one. Brother Plaster bore a beautiful testimony today and told of your amazing attitude of gratitude! You have touched many and will continue to as you work through this trial. Heavenly Father loves you so much and so do all of those who know you. I am so glad that Chelsea and Amanda were able to visit. I wish I lived closer--I'd be knocking on your door!!
I love you my dear,
Suzanne

Suzanne said...

Kara, It was so great to see your amazing family all together!! You, my dear, are an inspiration to every one. Brother Plaster bore a beautiful testimony today and told of your amazing attitude of gratitude! You have touched many and will continue to as you work through this trial. Heavenly Father loves you so much and so do all of those who know you. I am so glad that Chelsea and Amanda were able to visit. I wish I lived closer--I'd be knocking on your door!!
I love you my dear,
Suzanne

Matt and Jessie said...

I am so happy that your family was able to be back together! I am sure that your kids are just loving to be with you! I love how happy everyone looks in the pictures. I am sure they are such motivation for you every day! Know that we are keeping you in our prayers! I hope things just keep getting better. I am just amazed and uplifted when I read your posts and hear what a great attitude you have about everything.