On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Random Fun!

A Visit from Merrie Kay!

1st time Wearing  Jeans!  A Very Important Milestone! (Getting them on anyway!)


My 1st Car Ride!  My Brother Mike and I!


Recumbent Bike Ride around Liberty Park!
Part of my Recreational Therapy!




When my Rec Therapist (Steph, in the Light Blue Shirt) knew I was into biking (with the Triathlons and all) she immediately set me up for a ride on one of these amazingly fun bikes!  When I had worn myself out completely on this bike I finally had to convince myself to stop.  The men who run this program asked me "Did you like it?"  I said "It's not a matter of like, it's a matter of love!"  They all laughed, but the funniest part was when another man who was also there to ride the bikes said, "I wish a woman would say that about me!"  HA - so funny!






More Recreational Therapy!  Standing up, keeping my balance and Bowling on the Wii!  Fun, but painfully challenging!  That's what Rec Therpaists do, they disguise fun with hard work.

3 comments:

Beth said...

FUN!!!!!!!! I am so glad you got to do something fun away from the hospital!!!! Miss you!

JessieMomma said...

Kara, your progress is remarkable! I think the bikes were such a great idea! I imagine the repetative but low-impact movement was mentally healing! I wasn't able to watch them earlier this week, but the videos were great! Your team seems to be very inspiring and helpful, that is so wonderful! Take care of you, we will continue praying for your increase! Love you much!
~Jessica and Co.

Debby said...

Kara,
You are amazing!!!!! Keep up the hard work. You are in our prayers daily. May our Heavenly Father continue to pour out blessings on you and your family as you work through this challenging time in your life. Our Love, Jim & Debby