On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Friday, June 18, 2010

One of these things is not like the other!...

I didn't know what to title this post because the two pictures here have NOTHING to do with each other....hence my ridiculous title.


I was so happy to have more visitors from my ward in IF!  Shari and Angie drove down for the day and we had a great time!  I went on an OT shopping outing where they took me to Target!  One of my favorite stores!  Angie and Shari went with us.  While on these outings they have OT "goals" for me that I have to  accomplish while there.  For example, one of my goals was to be able to get everything I needed to purchase by my own abilities (I had to use a 'reacher' for some of this, because some things are just too high).  This killed my friends because they just wanted to help and I am sure that the 4 people surrounding me, my friends and the two OT people got a few dirty looks as other watched them watch me struggle to get stuff without offering to help!  We returned to the hospital and just had a great visit and laughed a lot!  Thanks ladies!  Oh, yes, and they brought me Jamba Juice and Jimmy Johns! 


And this picture has nothing to do with the other...but....
HERE IT IS!

My incision is totally uncovered now and it looks pretty darn great (according to everyone else...who knows)!  I really don't think my scar will be very visible at all after time!

2 comments:

Angie T. said...

Kara it was such a great day! You are such an inspiration to me. I know I have said that before but after spending the day with you I realized how amazing you are! I value our friendship so much. It is a honor to get to call you my friend!

Shari said...

We had so much fun hanging out with you Kara. Loved seeing you walk too! You look great and have such a positive attitude. Thanks for the fun visit and the shopping. We'll have to try out Jimmy Johns again when you are home. :) So glad we are friends!