On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Weekend with the Family and a bit more!

Brian and the kids came to visit again this past weekend.  Taylor (a wonderful young woman) came with him to help out with the kids! 

This weekend I wanted to be sure to have some one on one time with each of them and it was successful!  Saturday morning Brian brought Andrew only to the hospital and left the other two with Taylor at the condo!  Andrew and Mommy and Daddy had a great time.  He was so cute and excited to be with just the two of us!  He came down to one of my PT group classes and did all of the exercises with me!  He was the star of the show and made a lot of the other patients smile! 

Emily and I had game time and craft time!  We decorated socks with fabric paint!  I had these terribly ugly socks tha the hospital gave me so I jazzed those up a bit and Emily made me a darling pair of socks that I wore proudly yesterday!  Everyone admired them too!


             

As part of  "reintegration into the community" my Recreation Therapist set up a family trip to the Hogle Zoo.  We were all so excited to go!  I knew that there were a few hills at that zoo, but I way underestimated it!  Hogle Zoo is NOTHING but hills and steep ones!  My Therapist had to push me up tons of steep hill...I tried to help, but I am sure I was not very helpful at all!  Then she had to hang on to me going down the hills so I didn't crash head over wheels!  It was crazy!  But, the kids loved it and it was fun!  The worst part was that after the zoo we said goodbye in the parking lot, unfortunately not knowing when or if I would see them again before arriving home.  That part was hard...2 more weeks...

      



           



My surprise Massage Therapist  (Becky's Sister-In-Law, Holly!) came back for an upper body massage!  She's great!  She's due in 2 weeks and is so very unselfish and kind!


Walking in a harness on a treadmill!  I did 3, 5 minute increments, and was able to let go of the handles for some time!

1 comment:

Penny said...

You make me smile (the tears sneak up behind tho)