On May 5th, 2010 our life was redefined when we discovered that I have a tumor
growing in the spinal cord of my neck.

The purpose of this blog to keep an updated record of our "Life Redefined" and give you the details you might be wondering about (surgery, recovery and other random daily stuff, etc...)

For our friends and our family members who want to be kept updated this is the easiest way for us to do it. It's also good therapy for me to write it down!

We still want you to call or visit if you feel like it - we find so much strength from you. All of your words and encouraging thoughts and prayers are a great blessing for us!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Surprise!

I hope this brings a little bit of excitement to you all!  It made our day yesterday! 

Sorry, the videos were taken sideways so you'll have to turn your heads to view or flip your laptops like a book to see right side up!  Notice the progress from one video to the next!








What does this mean?  Well...it means that EVENTUALLY...we don't know how long, I will probably be able to walk with a walker independently around the house.  For now, and even when I come home, I will only be walking during my Physical Therapy appointments. 

The reason I can walk is because we have been working so hard on muscle control and I have improved A LOT over the last 2 weeks to be able to do so.  Mind over Matter, Lots of Prayers and as much Faith as we all can muster up!  It literally feels like I am walking on sticks...like NOTHING is below me...but something is.  Craziness.  Notice my knee giving me fits...I kind of torked it and now it feels like I may have injured a ligament or something ever so slightly.  It's a slow process, but very exciting news!  I am kind of even keel about it because I still don't know exactly what it means for the future!

22 comments:

Shari said...

YEA Kara! So EXCITING! You look great in the video clips. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work and we'll keep praying for you. I'm sure that your positive attitude is helping you as well. You are truly amazing and an inspiration to us all.

By the way, I hope that the Pretzel M&M's were everything that Michael had hoped for. :)

Erin said...

Kara, I seriously got teary watching our videos. BUt, seriously stop progressing I want you to still be at the hospital when I am in Utah. Oh, and I'm glad that you like the flowers!

Teresa said...

I am sitting here bawling like a baby!! It started with the first vid clip and got worse with each one. You weren't kidding when you said you had exciting news - this is GREAT!!! I am so happy for you. Love you!!!

Becky said...

Reading your posts don't seem to do justice to the climb that you have been facing. The first video really brought it home to me that you really are having to re-learn to walk. The last video was amazing! You're doing so great! We continue to pray for you! Fabulous videos!

Lindsey said...

Yeah Kara! You go girl! That is AWESOME! How motivating it must be to see yourself making progress like that. Keep up the good work!

Penny said...

Every time I read your new blog I cry, but this one really did it. You looked great!!!By the way I have both kinds of walkers, the one you are using at the hospital and the sit down kind. Just tell me when you need them. LOVE you girl.

Larsen said...

Me too.

tears.


that is wonderful Kara.

We are still praying for you.

Landon NEVER forgets to add you, right along side our marine brother and my mom's broken leg. You three are never forgotten.

Jamie said...

YEA YEA YEA!! You look AWESOME in those videos! I am so proud of you! I can't believe how much you have progressed in the 6 days since we were there. I am just all smiles now!

To add to Gina's comment, my kids never forget you in their prayers, either. Even little Avery. She doesn't know exactly why she is saying it, but she always asks Heavenly Father to "bless Sister Kearsley." :) We love ya!!

Erica said...

You've come so far:) I know you can do it!! We pray for you always. I always choke up reading your blog, but those videos made me so happy:) Go Kara!

Red Head Family said...

WOW WOW WOW- you are so amazing and determined!! Congrats on such a milestone!! Can't wait ot be able to see you again!!

Bowler Family said...

Oh Kara!!! I'm so excited for you! You look awesome! Me too with the tears, I'm so proud of you:) Your doing awesome, and you have an amazing attitude!

Miss you, and sending big hugs:)

amy said...

On God's time

cardwellclan said...

Way to go Kara!!!

Bhennefer said...

This is great!! Glad to here you are doing so well!! Your a strong girl!!

Bonewell said...

Yea Hoo!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

We love you and you're in our hearts and prayers constantly!

The King's said...

Holy Moly!!!!!! You are an amazing woman and so tough!!! You are such a great example of strength for others to follow. Know that we are thinking of you and can't wait to have you back at church with us!!! Just stay strong and keep moving forward!

MandyB said...

So happy and excited for you Kara!! We are keeping you in our prayers always. You are such an amazing example to us all. YEAH!!!! That is so so awesome!!!

Ryan and Heather said...

Wow! That was awesome! It brought tears to my eyes. You are so amazing!

SeeingSautters said...

We are so very excited for you and this great news. Good for you, I love this blog. You are doing great! Love, the Sautters

Beth said...

I am so extremely proud of you, and way too excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are the best!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Valerie said...

Wow. Seriously so great!

Gallant Family said...

You were cruising in that last video! And the song playing from your blog?...."faith in every footstep." It was simply perfect.